This is not the blog you're looking for

I have moved, and you can find new entries, comments etc. at www.sandrewswann.com come over and check it out.



Thursday, January 17, 2008

I guess I overshot

By about 5000 words so far, but another 1000 to 2000 words and Prophets will be done. I was going to try and wrap it up tonight, but ended up dealing with insurance people (will people stop it with the rear ending of me and my wife, please!) and buying a new office set for my wife, who definitely needs her life organized (guess what I'll be doing with my day off Monday?) and I just now finished dinner, and I'm dog tired. So, what's another day? Sigh.

Good thing is, cliffhanger ending or not, I think I did find a nice natural break to end book #1. Sure I killed a major character, left another one floating stranded in space, and everything's sort of going to hell, but it feels like a good place to stop.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.. killing main characters! Always a mean thing to do to the reader. :)

I just started a series and the end of the first chapter of the first book the author whacked the character who (whom?) I thought was going to be one of the principle characters.

Nothing like starting off with my foundations shaken.