This is not the blog you're looking for

I have moved, and you can find new entries, comments etc. at www.sandrewswann.com come over and check it out.



Monday, November 19, 2007

I guess I knew this

A blog post elsewhere led me to an online political philosophy quiz where I scored thusly:

Progressive/Conservative score: 8 - Moderate Progressive ("You think the progressive movement is usually well intentioned, but is sometimes too extreme in its ways")

Capitalist Purist/Social Capitalist Score: 6 - Economic Moderate ("You support an economy that is by and large a free market, but has public programs to help people who can't help themselves or need a little help.")

Libertarian/Authoritarian Score: 0 - Anarchist ("You think that the government is making way too many unnecessary laws that are taking away our innate rights. You believe that the government's job is primarily to protect people from harming other people.")

Pacifist/Militarist Score: 8 - Moderate-Militarist ("You think that in very rare occasions, the United States should invade a country in order to make the world better by spreading democracy or ending a tyrants rule. You also think that defense is very important, and we shouldn't lower the defense budget.")

I am Libertarian, along with 14.5% of the folks who took this test. I probably would be a Hardcore Libertarian, but the Yes/No/Maybe format doesn't allow terribly nuanced answers.

Turns out I'm closest to Joe Biden, of all people.

2 comments:

Steve Buchheit said...

Hard Core Democrat, but I knew that.

Anonymous said...

Okay, dear, I've taken the test and am a "Hardcore Libertarian", which I guess doesn't surprise me. I rated the following:
2 conservative
1 capitalist purist
1 libertarian
10 militarist

My closest match is: Mike Huckabee.

"You believe in traditional values, and don't want the popular media telling you how to think or what to do." Amen to that.

"You believe in small government, less taxes, and more privatization"

"You think that the government is making way too many unnecessary laws that are taking away our innate rights. You believe that the government's job is primarily to protect people from harming other people, but after that they should mind their own business, and if we give the government too much power in controlling our lives, it can lead to fascism."

"You think that if the US does not exert its power in the world, it may eventually lose its power, and that we can not look weak in the face of terrorists, and must take them out where they live. "

Illuminating test. -Michelle